For the West, Arab and Asian countries, Bulgaria is a little-known, but the attractive place for obtaining a degree in college. Bulgarian universities are on the list of the best 100 universities in the world. The Universities of Bulgaria are known for they medicine, mathematics, biology, engineering school. In addition to native and English languages, universities offer to conduct in German and French.
According to Martin Dimitrov, the most prestigious Bulgarian universities announced that hundreds of student seats are vacant, while foreign IHE, especially British and the Netherlands, are taking the brightest graduates. The most prestigious university, the University of Sofia “St. Kliment Ohridski”, recently announced about over 850 unfulfilled student seats after three clearances. In general the most unfulfilled are humanitarian fields of study. For example, “European Religions” has 44 vacancies, “History” and “Theology”- respectively 43 each, the same with “Geography” and “Slavic Studies”. So prestige before Law program has many vacant seats, as well as applied sciences, engineering and other.
Last year the Sofia University after last clearance has 348 seats. Even seats funded by the state are vacant.
Sofia Technical University had vacant seats for 95 students on specialty Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Machines, Automatics. Plovdev University, after the last clearance, published a list of 61 programs, which will still be recruiting students after the last enrollment.
And, in spite of this, for Bulgarian graduates more attractive are foreign universities. According to Nikolay Hristanov, head of the Program of Higher Education (the International Forum of education) which helps to broaden opportunities for international study, more than 1200 Bulgarian school graduates will become students of British universities.
Bulgarian Universities reported that many hundreds of unfulfilled seats current school year, while the European universities enticing from the country of the brightest scholars. Last year 17% of young people (all 30,000) Bulgaria, studied abroad.
Bulgarian school graduates are trying to use a possible last chance before March 2019 when Brexit comes into force and the entry and tuition fees for foreign students in the UK may change.
Over the past two years, 2,080 school graduates have enrolled in British universities, and in the year of the Brexit referendum, it reached 2300.
The Netherlands in another country that attracts Bulgarians. According to the “Higher Education Program”, the number of Bulgarian school graduates, applying to Dutch universities, is increasing by 11% annually. Svetlin Nakov, the founder of one of the most popular universities SofUni, notes that as the number of students decreases, courses, some departments, and even universities can be closed.
Therefore, graduates of schools can take into consideration that it is better to choose a university in Bulgaria than another country. But before you will make the decision about the final choices, read the advantages and disadvantages of higher education in Bulgaria.
Bulgarian system of higher education, as in most countries, is divided into two components: state and private. More than 80% of higher education institutions are state-owned. Graduates of schools can go to colleges, specialized institutions, and universities.
To get a bachelor’s degree, you will study for 4 years, and then the student completes the test. To obtain a master’s degree, you must continue to study for 2 years. Get a doctorate — 3 more years.
Why is it worth to go to study in Bulgaria.
1. Diplomas of Bulgarian Universities recognize in EU countries, a diploma of the American University in Blagoevgrad is valid even without nostrification in the USA and Canada.
Medical universities of Sofia and Plovdev are the most prestigious in this sector throughout Europe. Inviting a foreign student, these institutions promise to teach according and using the latest technologies and methods of world medicine. Being trained in Bulgaria, you can undergo practical training and work in the EU and other countries.
2. Bulgaria has less stringent conditions for entrants than in other European universities. To enroll to the University of Bulgaria you need to have: essay; pass the Language test, and have secondary school certificates.
Since most subjects in Bulgarian universities are taught in English, applicants must complete a TOEFL language test or IELTS language proficiency test. In universities where learning is conducted in Bulgarian, there are language courses for future foreign students. If English language tests can be pass in your country, the Standardized Test of Bulgarian as a Foreign Language (STBECH) can be taken only at the university in Bulgaria. The test fee, the cost of payment can be found on the official web pages of institutions.
3. Taking into consideration the fact that Bulgaria is a member of the EU, credits disciplines which obtained in its universities, debiting to any higher educational institution of the EU member states.
4. Educational Institutions of Bulgaria offer training according to the world standards. Special attention here is paid to work-oriented disciplines, i.e. after the graduating students of Bulgarian universities are always in demand.
5. Relatively low cost of living. A decent meal can cost the student €100 per month, € 100-150 current expenses (travel, etc.), €100-300 for rent or accommodation per month.
6. Foreign students have the permit to work while studying at the University of Bulgaria.
7. Residence permit in Bulgaria allows foreign students to travel to EU countries.
8. Bulgaria quite the safest country for studying and living. You can find out about crime rates and safe housings directly at your chosen university. We recommend renting an apartment in an accredited university place.
9. The small country has great opportunities. Bulgaria is considered to be the champion of Europe in start-ups. Many foreign students remain to work and live in Bulgaria after graduation. So here many creative youths, which try to make the country more attractive for people who want to invest in Bulgarian Business.
10. Bulgaria is one of the most impressive places in the world with the temperate climate. There are many beautiful and interesting places with a long history and kind people.
British are studying in Bulgaria
BBC posted the article that more and more British students go to study in Bulgaria, and not only to the famous Sofia and PlovdevMedical Universities but also to such as the Medical University of Varna. The vice-rector of the last one, Professor Albena Kerekovska, pointed on a large increase over the past 10 years on the number of foreign students, especially from the UK, after the university offered to study in English. In addition, this university, like other Bulgarian universities, has high standards of training.
We advise you to consider the approval of the General Medical Council, that all new doctors who permitted to work in EU, including those, who studied in Bulgaria, can work in the UK and they don’t need to pass the additional exam.
Why not go to study in Bulgaria:
1. In all higher education institutions in Bulgaria tuition is payable. Although the cost is much lower than in other countries, yet those who can not afford to pay for the training, it is not recommended to choose Bulgaria.
If you plan to study in the Bulgarian language, the cost of studying for a bachelor is 3,500 euros per year and 4,000 euros in English.
How entrants from another country can enroll to Bulgarian university.
Universities in this country most will accept the applications in summer. However, the documents can be submitted in winter, until February, at the beginning of training in the winter period. So everyone still has an opportunity for the 2018-2019 academic year to become the student of Bulgarian universities.
Bulgarian University does not have the fixed start date, so please check on the date on the official website of the chosen university.
To enroll to a Bulgarian Higher education institution you need to complete a package of documents: application; copy of the passport; certificate of health conditions in Bulgarian, certificated by Consular of the Embassy of Bulgaria in your country; certificate of completion of secondary school and assessment form, certificated by Consular of the Embassy of Bulgaria in your country; certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL or IELTS), if you are planning to study in English; a certificate from the University of your country, if you still studying at home university. For more details feel free to contact the university.
Portal KudaPostupat sent our the best wishes to all students and their families at the beginning of the new school year, especially those who have to make main decisions in their lives, choosing a field study and universities. At present, we post this article at the beginning of the school year so you have the opportunity to choose your university and have time to prepare your documents. We believe that Bulgaria should be one of the main options for you.
Follow our publications and keep to the latest news about higher education all over the world.
Information provided by the official internet newspapers and educational portals.comments powered by HyperComments