Opole University of Technology is the leading high-tech university in the Opolskie Region, providing education mostly in technical sciences but also in the fields of logistics, economics, management, tourism, sport and physiotherapy.
University serves about 8 000 students representing over 20 nationalities. Its scientific and educational potential is built by high-class international academic and research staff. At the moment we are among the fastest growing universities in Poland, continuously adjusting our profile to the World Market economy. Thanks to the business-science network of contacts with finest local companies our students get first-hand practical knowledge.
How many faculties do you have?
University is composed of 7 faculties that ensure diversity and innovation in teaching and research:
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatic Control and Informatics
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Production Engineering and Logistics
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy
The youngest one – Faculty of Technical Systems Engineering was opened last year in Kędzierzyn-Koźle City.
Why is it located in a different city?
The Faculty is located in the area with numerous industrial plants, including companies related to food production and agro-food processing. Therefore, students of the Faculty acquire knowledge not only in the fields of computer systems architecture, programming advanced industrial machines and other highly specialized equipment but also chemical sciences and biotechnology. Beside the theoretical classes, during the educational cycle students have the opportunity to participate in a practical training in companies around Kędzierzyn-Koźle.
Since it is the youngest faculty at Opole University of Technology it has a modern specialized laboratory infrastructure and offers a unique fields of studies with practical profile.
What is the study offer of Opole University of Technology?
Currently the University offers 32 study programs, taught not only in Polish but also in English. We educate our student in the fields of:
- Civil Engineering
- Management (offered in Polish and English)
- Automatic Control and Robotics
- Industrial Electronics
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering (offered in Polish and English)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Security Engineering
- Logistics (offered in Polish and English)
- Food Technology and Human Nutrition (offered in Polish and English)
- Management and Production Engineering (offered in Polish and English)
- Power Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering (offered in Polish and English)
- Mechanical Engineering (offered in Polish and English)
- Aviation and Cosmonautics
- Industrial design
- Tourism and Recreation
- Physical Education
- Industrial IT Technologies
- Biotechnical Systems
Does your university offer accommodation for students?
Yes, Opole University of Technology has four dormitories: “Pryzma”, “Zygzak”, “Zaścianek” and “Sokrates”. Three of them (Pryzma, Zygzak, Zaścianek) are located at 1st University Campus (16 Mikołajczyka Street). Sokrates is located at 22 Małopolska Street. It has rooms adjusted to the use by disabled students. Each dormitory has comfortable and newly renovated single or multiple occupancy rooms. The places in dormitories are available for all interested students.
What else can your university offer to the students?
Modern sport facilities are available to the students at our 2nd University Campus. Our Sport Club provides further opportunities for a range of sports. The facilities are directly equipped for basketball, handball, volleyball, athletics, fitness, aerobics etc. The brand-new municipal swimming pool is also available. Moreover on each Campus we have a university canteen where students can eat various set of meals at affordable prices.
When it comes to studies, students can find a wide range of scientific publications in one of our libraries.
In 2007 as a result of fruitful cooperation with Beijing University of Technology we established Confucius Institute in Opole – The Centre for Poland-China Cooperation. Thanks to that Opole University of Technology is the only university in Poland where students can learn Chinese.
Our students have also the possibility to study or practice abroad in the frame of Erasmus+ mobility program. We cooperate with over 100 partner institution from Germany, UK, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Malta, Greece, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia, or Finland. Erasmus+ students receive EU scholarship that helps them to discover Europe.
Summarizing Opole University of Technology students broaden their knowledge, discover, create and have fun. They form and join in student research clubs, participate in welcoming weeks, networking events, international conferences and workshops as well as the annual Student Festival.
Its sounds really interesting! Could you tell me how can I get admission to your University?
To complete the application procedure the candidate is requested to provide following documents:
- Photocopy of the secondary school (maturity) certificate or another document (with a full list of final grades), entitling to university-level study in country in which the certificate/document was issued with legalization or Apostille and sworn translation into Polish,
- Documents that are necessary and entitle the candidates to undertake higher education (in case of applying for the first cycle degree studies – it is necessary to include the statement confirming that the candidate fulfill the criteria of eligibility to study at any university).
- In case of an application for the MSc studies: photocopy of the BSc degree (with a full list of grades obtained during the course of study) with a sworn translation into Polish,
- Health certificate stating that are no objections to undertake studies in chosen field of study by a foreign candidate (if the health certificate was issued in a foreign language, a translation into Polish language is required),
- Photocopy of the European Health Insurance Card or a photocopy of any evidence of health insurance coverage or entitlement to healthcare services,
- English language certificate or other document that confirms that the candidate graduated with English as the language of instruction,
- Printed and signed application form downloaded from the application system,
- Passport and visa photocopy.
Please be informed that the online recruitment system can be accessed via internet at: https://irk3.po.edu.pl/
If you need assistance in English please call: +48 667-719-348
If you need assistance in Ukrainian and Russian please call: +48 667-719-397
comments powered by HyperComments